I grew up eating the standard American diet and had a wholehearted sugar fixation. While struggling with an eating disorder in my late teens, I discovered real nourishment that turned a tormented relationship with food to one of curiosity and wonder. I had a growing interest in health food and all the philosophies surrounding it. But as other health issues persisted and became more severe, I found that even healthy foods had both the power to heal me and to make me sick. I have experimented substantially with a multitude of eating philosophies, and ultimately, designed my own diet for healing chronic inflammation. Today I am a new person and food has played an indispensable role in this process.
In this e-cookbook you will find 25 nutrient-dense, low histamine, and anti-inflammatory recipes. You will also get an in-depth explanation of what histamine intolerance is, how it is linked to chronic inflammation, and how to identify it. In addition to being low histamine, these recipes are gluten free, dairy free, corn free, soy free, nightshade free, and added sugar free. This book also addresses sulfur and lectin sensitivity, with explanation of why these are also important considerations for healing chronic inflammation.
Studies show that there are many conditions that may be associated with histamine intolerance. Managing histamine intolerance through the diet can have a profound effect. Here are some of these conditions:
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Multiple Sclerosis
This e-cookbook is intended for anyone dealing with histamine intolerance. However, I make these dishes for my friends and family often, most of whom do not have health issues, and they always come back for more!
After you have purchased your e-book you will receive an email receipt with the download link. This book is ideally viewed on a computer, mobile device, or tablet and not for print. If you would like to print it out, please let me know after you purchase and I will send you a high resolution version for print.
Important factors to know before purchasing:
- This cookbook is plant-based. I strongly believe in the power of plant foods to nourish and restore our bodies. Plant foods contain powerful anti-inflammatory phytonutrients that are proven to reduce inflammation. My health took a turn for the best once adopting a heavily plant-based diet.
- This cookbook is not 100% paleo. There are 5 recipes that include grains. However, the only grains that I have included are rice and sorhgum because I find that they are best tolerated by those who are not completely lectin intolerant. In fact, I personally do not do well without any grains. I experience unwanted side effects, like hormonal imbalance and significant hair loss. I have found this to be the case with many people after several months on a strictly paleo diet. If you know that you are completely intolerant to grains, there are 20 grain free recipes. This being said, rice and sorghum are low histamine.
- This cookbook is not vegetarian. There are 6 recipes in this book that include meat. The other 18 are vegan.
- There is no one-size-fits-all diet for everyone. I have found that there is simply not one diet that can be applied to everyone. We are all so unique in our physiological make-up and our specific health presentations. However, we can use guidelines as a tool for experimentation while discovering a diet that is right for our body.
- Every food in this book is moderate to low histamine. Every food in this book is absolutely on my “safe list”. There are some foods in this book that are relatively higher in histamine, such as avocado. These foods will be noted in each recipe with reasons why you may want to consider including them in your diet despite histamine intolerance. There are not any high histamine foods in this book.
- You may benefit from an elimination diet first. If you are in the beginning stages of addressing histamine intolerance, you may need to do an elimination diet first before trying all of the foods in this book. However, I find that this is only the case with severe histamine intolerance. In many people who are sensitive to histamine foods, a low histamine diet provides significant and fast relief.